DENTAL CHECK UPS AND WHAT MAKES THEM SO IMPORTANT
How They Affect Health & Cut Long Term Costs
of US adults do not get regular checkups
of US adults have some form of gum disease
of adults have at least one cavity
WHY THE ADA RECOMMENDS 6 MONTHS BETWEEN CHECK UPS
the American Dental Association, or A.D.A., suggests every indidividual should see the dentist bi annually… This means two check ups a year because the 6 month interval allows the dentist to monitor your oral health before things become out of control and require much more invasive measures. So now is the time to ask, when was your last time seeing the dentist?
THE 6 MONTH RULE IS REALLY FOR YOU
- Dental Exams & Cleanings Help Prevent Periodontal Disease, Unwanted Plaque, & Premature Tooth Decay
- Keeping Your Smile Bright By Polishing and Stain Removal
- By Removing Tartar Build Up
- Give Record to Your Oral Health
- Evaluate Teeth for Disease or Decay
- Oral Cancer Screenings are Quick and Easy
- Exposing Problems Areas Early and Eliminating them
If the health reasons above aren’t reason enough to see the dentist every 6 months, then maybe this will help you look at it differently… Check ups can will actually save you money in the long run! By managing your oral health correctly and keeping proper maintenance, infectious and painful issues are much less likely to occur which keeps surgeries for disease less likely to happen. It’s always better to catch it early!
IF YOU SKIP THE DENTIST THIS COULD HAPPEN…
- If you don’t go… things like bacteria or a cavity that regular check ups prevent or manage can ‘blow up’ into something much more intensive, painful, and expensive!
- If you don’t go… you are immediately at risk of developing serious diseases
- If you don’t go… your smile can become dull and yellow
- If you don’t go… periodontal disease, tooth decay and loss are much more likely to occur
- If you don’t go…common problems grow into larger-much-more serious problems